10 Skin Care Secrets Models Know (That You Don't)
Posted on June 20 2017We can’t be the only ones who see models on the runway and think, “If only I had skin like that!” Their skin appears flawless, smooth, and practically perfect. Sure, makeup and photoshop may play a part, but they have to keep their skin in top shape for their jobs. Which means they have the skin care secrets we are all dying to know! Here are 10 of them:
1. Don't use makeup wipes to remove eye makeup
Removing eye makeup is essential to keeping that delicate skin under your eyes healthy and young-looking. But pulling at that delicate skin with a wipe will simply create more wrinkles. Find a facial cleanser that will also remove eye makeup, and then gently remove the makeup from your eyes as you wash your face.
2. Use potato slices for the dark circles under your eyes
Sound bizarre? We agree, but models swear by it! Slice potatoes and place a slice over each eye, leaving them on for about 15-20 minutes. Once you’ve done it about 5 times, you’ll start to notice a reduction in dark circles. Learn more about using potatoes for your eye bags!
3. Apply bee pollen at nightWho would have thought bee pollen could be so effective? The smell can be intense when you apply it, but it is packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that will make your skin feel incredible in the morning!
4. Never touch your face
Not touching your face sounds next to impossible. Luckily, this doesn’t mean NEVER touch your face. Rather, don’t mess with your face. When you see a zit, for example, don’t pop it. Let products do their work!
5. Rub ice on your faceRubbing ice on your face doesn’t sound very pleasant. But getting your face cold comes with multiple benefits. It leaves your pores tight, your face firm, and helps the blood circulate to your face faster.
6. Do a handstand for an instant glow
Yes, you read that right! When you do a handstand, the blood rushes to your face, helping you look refreshed. And doing the handstand itself will give you energy! Look how fun it looks!
7. Stay hydratedDrinking plenty of water can make all the difference your skin’s appearance. Your skin will glow, your energy will be up, and you will flush the toxins out of your body. So grab that water bottle.
8. Remove your makeup
At the end of a long day, do you just fall into bed without washing your face? That could be the cause of some of your skin care issues. Removing makeup keeps your skin cleansed, preventing breakouts.
9. Keep a consistent regimeUsing the same products, and the same time each day, will help your skin reap the most from the active ingredients in your products. We recommend this simple 3-step collection from Geneva Naturals.
10. Watch your diet
Sure, it’s important to eat healthy for our bodies, but it also helps our skin. By eating foods rich in vitamin A and antioxidants (like fruits and vegetables), and by avoiding refined foods, you’ll find your skin looks brighter and healthier.