10 Anti-Aging Beauty Products You Wish You Knew About
Posted on February 06 2019Do you know someone who just doesn’t seem to age? What’s their secret? We all long for more youthful looking skin, but often the products we’ve used for ages just don’t seem to do the trick. You might feel like you’ve tried everything, but it may be that you just aren’t aware of some of the most effective ways to fight aging skin out there. Here are 10 surprising anti-aging beauty products that you can use to turn back the clock.
1. Hyaluronic AcidThis superstar ingredient is everywhere right now! Found in everything from moisturizer to makeup, hyaluronic acid plumps and hydrates your skin, instantly smoothing out fine lines like nothing else can. It can retain up to 1,000 times (yes, you read that right!) its weight in water, so it’s no wonder that it is a major player in the anti-aging world.
2. Coconut OilIt’s not just for cooking! Daily use of coconut oil under your eyes and as an overall moisturizer has been shown to prevent wrinkles, and gives your skin a dewy glow. And bonus, it’s all-natural and smells great!
3. AntioxidantsIf you find a beauty product that contains a lot of antioxidants, chances are it will improve the overall health of your skin. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals, protecting your skin from damaging elements like sun, wind, and pollution.
4. WaterIt’s not really a beauty product per say, but it has such an effect on your skin’s health and appearance that is made the list! It’s so easy to forget to drink water throughout the day, but keeping your skin hydrated is key to keeping it looking young. Want soft, smooth, supple skin? Keep chugging that water!
5. AvocadosWho doesn’t love to eat avocados? Aside from being packed with nutrients and healthy fats, you may be surprised to learn that avocados have the ability to penetrate deeply into the your skin cells, keeping it nourished and looking young. That’s great news for avocado lovers…so bring on the guac!
6. Vitamin CIf you look closely, you’ll find that the best anti-aging serums and creams contain vitamin C. This is due to its antioxidant properties and ability to smooth out wrinkles and diminish age spots.
7. Almond OilAnother skin-friendly secret is the use of almond oil in anti-aging beauty products. Think that’s nuts (bad pun!)? Think again. Fatty acids in the oil act as an emollient, and the oil is a natural exfoliator, ridding skin of excess dirt and oil and encouraging cell growth and moisture retention.
We should limit our intake of sugar, but there’s nothing wrong with using it on your skin. Sugar mixed with a little olive, coconut, or almond oil works as a wonderful natural exfoliator. And as we all know, exfoliated skin is happy skin.