10 Reasons Why You Should Put Kaolin Clay on Your Face
Posted on June 02 2017Have you heard of kaolin clay? We are kind of obsessed with it. While there are a lot of good clays out there, the benefits of using kaolin clay have us sold! What is kaolin clay, you may be asking? Kaolin clay is a naturally-occurring soft clay that is rich in the mineral kaolinite. Its colors range from white, yellow, and red to dark brown. It is most commonly found in cosmetics, and for good reason. Kaolin clay is gentle, even for sensitive skin. This makes it ideal as a face mask, such as this anti-aging purifying clay mask from Geneva Naturals. So why should you start using kaolin clay on your face? Here are ten reasons:
1. Cleanses and exfoliates
Gets rid of debris and skin cells on the surface of skin, which is ideal for getting rid of blackheads and pimples. It penetrates deeply into your pores and pulls out any impurities, keeping your skin clean and fresh.
2. Absorbs excess oilIf your skin is feeling oily, simply apply this mask, and voila! Your skin will be oil free, making your face less prone to pimples, blackheads, and clogged pores.
3. Helps with oily skinReduces the production of sebum (or oil). Which means not only does it absorb the oil on your face, as listed above, but it helps with overall oil production! When you apply it consistently, it will help your oily skin remain smooth and dry.
4. Leaves your skin feeling fresh and renewed
When blended with essentials oils and fresh ingredients. And while kaolin clay cleans and exfoliates, the essential oils and other ingredients get to work as well, providing their own benefits to your face. So pick your favorite ingredient and get started!
5. Improves blood circulation to the face.Good blood circulation keeps your skin looking its best. As more oxygen goes to the face, nutrients are delivered more readily to the skin cells. This means the skin cells are able to regenerate more easily, keeping you looking young.
6. Can be used on almost any skin type
But is most ideal for sensitive skin. Why, you may ask? Because of its mild properties, the likelihood of it causing an adverse reaction on your sensitive skin is pretty slim. For a clay that can do so much work, that sounds like a dream!
7. Has nutrients that are key to good skin treatment.So while it cleanses and exfoliates, it delivers nutrients to your cleaned skin, helping your skin look and feel healthy, young, and vibrant!
8. Boosts skin cell renewal.Without skin cell renewal, your face can look dull and tired. Why? Because simply removing dead skin cells only does so much! You skin needs to be able to renew the skin cells for that youthful glow.
9. Keeps skin moist
Through its high concentration of silica. Silica is a compound that helps in both removing dead skin and maintaining moisture. Which means, when you take off the mask, your skin won’t feel dry. It will feel supple, which is what we all want!