3 Easy Natural Recipes for Homemade Hair Conditioner
Posted on February 18 2017
I've been blessed with uber thick, coarse and huge hair. So wearing my hair down naturally isn't always easy. Urgh.. it's honestly driving me nuts!
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate my hair. I just hate to spend extra amounts of my precious time styling and blow-drying it. My hair takes forever to dry naturally and ends up looking like a shrub. In order to go out in public, hot styling tools are essential in my routine. Yes, I'm fully aware that I should cut down on this to stop damaging my hair, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Instead, I take extra care to prevent my hair from getting damaged in other ways. For example, I've started making my own conditioner! Here is my recipe. Try it out and tell me what you think!
DIY Deep ConditionerThings you need :
- Extra Virgin Oil
- Shower Cap
- A basin of hot water (be careful not to scald yourself)
- Rubber Gloves
- Apply Extra Virgin Oil to your hair with a gentle massage to stimulate the blood circulation.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wear rubber gloves, dip a towel in hot water and wring out.
- Wrap your head with it.
- Leave for 20 - 30 minutes, then wash your hair with a regular shampoo and conditioner. Shampoo and rinse until all oil is removed to revitalize your hair.
Version 2Things you need :
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- An Egg Yolk (Set aside the egg white for later use)
- Shower cap
- Any empty bowl
- Put an egg yolk in the bowl.
- Add drop by drop Extra Virgin Olive Oil, stir the mixture gently until you have a creamy mass.
- Apply the mixture evenly to your with a gentle massage to stimulate the blood circulation.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and wrap with towel.
- Leave the treatment on overnight. Next day, wash your hair with a regular shampoo and conditioner.
Things you need :
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hair brush
- Pour a tiny amount of Extra Virgin Olive Oil onto your palm.
- Rub it on your hair evenly.
- Brush your hair with paddle brush.
- Deep condition your hair twice a week for two weeks then continue once a week.
- Always use Hair Protectant before blow drying or using any hot styling tools on your hair.
- Do not overuse the hair serum because it can weigh down your hair and appear greasy.
Leftover Egg Whites
Spread it all over your face till dry and cold spoon on both eyes for 10 to 15 mins.
How often you deep condition your hair? If you have any tips, leave them in a comment below.